Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bike Ride: Chennai to Cuddalore in ECR

I'm frequently travel in bike between Chennai and Cuddalore, this Thursday also i ride to Cuddalore in bike on east coastal road. All the time when ride on ECR, I'll get new experience. Though my inner mind says not to exceed sixty kilometre per hour, my hands turns the throttle to the full at places wherever can be.

This i started by journey from the office instead of my home. It is around quarter past five in evening. my bike's trip meter shows three less than hundred. with start speed of forty ~ fifty in the city zone my bike pass the Kathipara junction flyover up to which my bike's clutch was not disengaged. the usual evening traffic at Guindy and Chinnamalai slow down my bike to lowest speed at the top gear. On the IT express way speedometer needle stands ten degree above the ninety. At Thirvanmuyur the walker over takes all the vehicle and now it is around quarter to six in evening. Just i increased the speed nearly to half of hundred in the zone between the toll plaza and Thirumuyur exit. when trip meter shows hundred twenty i crossed the VGP and in next four kilometre i reached the toll plaza, between this i maintained the speed range of sixty to seventy.

Wow.., what scenic towards my right that is sun setting down. i engaged the brakes to press the shutter button on my mobile camera.

ECR - Near Kovalam

Location: ECR - Near Kovalam

Sign board shows that toll plaza 500m. after passing in next 100m i received a call from my home and on other end, my sister, asks where are you now, time is exactly eighteen ten. I eared my head set and played the playlists in mobile. At my rear, toll gate looks as below...

Toll plaza

Location: Toll plaza

From there my bike runs at speed of between seventy and eighty.

On ECR –Near Mutukadu - Sunset

Location: On ECR –Near Mutukadu - Sunset

it around half past six, engine struggle at fullest speed of hundred and needle oscillates there. It is floating speed of my bike and wind blows heavily to push me towards left

Panoramic view – On ECR (Click to View Enlarged)

Location: Panoramic view – On ECR

Every car, bus, bike,etc... turns the head light and switched on the high beam. I can't maintain speed above seventy as my protective cover of helmet scatters the high beam and reduce my visibility and control.

At the sharp turns, probability of hitting the cycle man is high due less visibility. I opened my lid of helmet and turns the throttle to get at least eighty and i got around eighty five to night but the i can't hear the song played by mobile because wind enters with sound onto my helmet. Meanwhile the moon shows it head and plays hide & seek between the clouds.

Darkness covers around ..

Near Marakanam

Location: Near Marakanam

One can feel the darkness, by turning off the head light of bike and turn it on; every reflecting sign on & aside road glitters beautifully.

On ECR Road Sign

Location: On ECR Road Sign

I came across different sign boards in ECR as below...

 

Location: sign

right curve

left curve

left zig zag

right zig zag

40

60

80

tee

y

left arrow

right arrow

school cross

dangerous curve

cow sign

......

every sign are not as original, may be different from actual, may all not represented here.

Puducherry Entry On ECR Road

Location: Puducherry Entry On ECR Road

Around seven thirty in night, i reached Puducherry border, from there it sixteen kilometre to city bus stand. and travelled to through the ECR bypass to catch the Puducherry - Cuddalore road. My opinion about this road is, that anyone can drive in the Chennai city traffic but all can't ride safely in this road, where many private buses rushes to get more passenger on road.

As i know every pits and hikes in this road i can manage with speed of sixty to seventy with frequent brakes and when it two to twenty one hours, i knocked the door in my home. It is happy to see my son-in-law (sister's son) who is two year old jump over me and called me with my name wow.. it is wonderful...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog authors can delete the comment if it contains the inappropriate contents.